Sometimes, you may want to use your rescue inhaler preemptively-before you think you might have a hard time breathing, like before exercise or other physical activity. Usages marked as preemptive in the app aren't taken into account when determining your level of control.
You have two options for marking a rescue usage as preemptive in the Propeller app.
You can quickly and easily do it right from your rescue usage report on the Today tab:
- Go to the Today tab of the Propeller app.
- Scroll down until you find the rescue use report.
- Tap “Taken as Preemptive”. You'll now see “(Preemptive)” after the name of your rescue medication on the Timeline tab.
You can also go to the Timeline tab and edit the rescue usage to indicate it was preemptive:
Tap the Timeline tab located in the middle of the bottom of your app screen.
- Tap the Timeline tab located in the middle of the bottom of your app screen.
- Tap on the rescue usage you want to edit.
- Scroll down to find the "Preemptive" section.
- Tap the white slider next to "Preemptive: No". The toggle will turn black and the text will change to "Yes".
- Tap "Save" on the top right corner of the screen. You'll now see “(Preemptive)” after the name of your rescue medication on the Timeline tab.
You'll now see (Preemptive) after the name of your rescue medication in the timeline.