Sometimes, you may want to use your reliever inhaler preemptively - before you think you might have a hard time breathing, for instance, before exercise or other physical activity. Usages marked as pre-emptive in the app aren't taken into account when determining your level of control. In order to mark a reliever usage as pre-emptive, go into the app and edit it using the following steps:
1. Tap the ‘Timeline’ tab located in the middle of the bottom of your app screen
2. Find the reliever usage you want to edit
3. Tap on the grey pencil in the top right-hand corner of the usage
4. Scroll down to find the ‘Pre-emptive’ section
5. Tap the white slider next to ‘Pre-emptive: No’. The toggle will turn blue and the text will change to ‘Yes’.
6. Tap Save in the top right-hand corner of the screen
You'll now see (Pre-emptive) after the name of your reliever medication in the timeline.