Having some trouble staying synced? Here are some tips that may help.
- Keep Bluetooth™ wireless technology turned on.
- The Propeller sensor uses Bluetooth™ wireless technology to communicate with your smartphone or tablet. Every so often, the sensor checks in to let us know that it’s still working and sends any data it has to your smartphone. Even if there isn't any data to send it still checks in, which is why it’s important to keep Bluetooth™ wireless technology turned on. To learn more about keeping Bluetooth on, see this article.
- Stay signed in to the Propeller Health app and don’t swipe up or close the app completely.
- It helps a ton to keep your sensor and phone syncing if the app stays open and running, but in the background of your phone.
- When you use your sensor, try to be within about 10 feet of your smartphone or bring your sensor within 10 feet, so they can establish a connection.
Want to check and see if you're syncing? Give these quick steps a try.
- Grab your sensors and your smartphone or tablet.
- Open the Propeller Health app and sign in (if you aren't already).
- While looking at the home screen of the app, press and release the side button on your sensor. (If you have more than one sensor, it's best to do this one at a time.)
- Wait for a black banner to appear at the top of the screen (for iOS) or bottom of the screen (for Android). It will say "We just heard from your sensor!"
Did you see the banner? Congratulations, you're syncing!
If not, don't worry! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us to get syncing again.