Sometimes, you may want to use your reliever inhaler preemptively—before you think you might have a hard time breathing, like before exercise or other physical activity. Usages marked as preemptive in the app aren’t taken into account when determining your level of control. In order to mark a reliever usage as preemptive.
You have two options for marking a rescue usage as preemptive in the Propeller app.
You can quickly and easily do it right from your rescue usage report on the Today tab:
- Go to the Today tab of the Propeller app.
- Scroll down until you find the rescue use report.
- Tap “Taken as Preemptive”. You'll now see “(Preemptive)” after the name of your rescue medication on the Timeline tab.
You can also go to the Timeline tab and edit the rescue usage to indicate it was preemptive:
- Tap the ‘Timeline’ tab located in the middle of the bottom of your app screen.
- Tap on the reliever usage you want to edit.
- Scroll down to find the ‘Preemptive’ section
- Tap the white slider next to ‘Preemptive: No’. The toggle will turn black and the text will change to ‘Yes’.
- Tap ‘Save’ on the top right corner of the screen. You'll now see “(Preemptive)” after the name of your rescue medication on the Timeline tab.
You'll now see the (Preemptive) after the name of your reliever medication in the timeline.